On Thursday, November 11th, 2021, Altada, an artificial intelligence (AI) technology solutions company, opened their New York office with support from Enterprise Ireland who was present at the ceremony along with Consul General of Ireland, Helena Nolan.
Altada was founded in 2018 by Allan Beechinor and Niamh Parker with its headquarters in Cork, Ireland. Altada provides an AI platform with use cases across various sectors including; financial services, security, travel, and healthcare. Altada focuses specifically on the ethical use of AI, data protection, and safeguarding consumer privacy.
Since the onset of the pandemic, the need for AI solutions in healthcare, security, and travel has grown exponentially. Altada has used this as an opportunity to not only provide solutions for current needs but to also build technologies that solve potential future challenges with data-driven decision-making.
The office opening is a part of a longstanding relationship between Altada and Enterprise Ireland who recently contributed $11.5 Million to Altada’s Funding Round in September 2021. Since then, Altada has opened offices and built teams in New York, San Francisco, Austin, Dublin, Barcelona, and Malta.
“We have reached an important milestone in the growth and evolution of Altada. This funding is indicative of the investor confidence in our successful track record and our unparalleled experience in serving the financial services and security sectors in particular. Altada is in a state of perpetual innovation, and this is just the beginning of our journey. We are thankful to Rocktop, Elkstone and Enterprise Ireland for enabling us to scale our growth and assume a leading position in the sector.” -Allan Beechinor, Altada Co-Founder and CEO
Altada has over 70 employees across the US and Europe, and the global expansions resulting from this last funding round have also led to the creation of over 100 new highly skilled jobs in quantum computing, engineering, data science, product development, blockchain engineering, and cloud platform management.
The November 11th ribbon-cutting in New York included participation from:
- Allan Beechinor, CEO and Co-Founder. Allan has a technology background with involvement in the artificial intelligence space as well as the Cork business community and is a strong advocate for the ethical use of AI. He is very supportive of Enterprise Ireland and for promoting Ireland as a hub for cutting-edge technology.
- Niamh Parker, Chief People and Legal Officer, and Co-Founder. Niamh has a background as a serial entrepreneur across several industries including sports tech, fashion/beauty, organizational culture, and hospitality.
- Trucle Nguyen, Chief Innovation Officer and New York Office Lead. Trucle has a background in pharma and in the hedge fund industry focused on data analytics and product development.
Enterprise Ireland and the Department of Foreign Affairs showed their support of the opening with the following attending the ribbon cutting:
- Rory Power, Senior Vice President at Enterprise Ireland.
- Helena Nolan, Consul General of Ireland in New York.
Altada is a part of the greater Irish technologies community shaping the future of problem-solving related to Personal Identifiable Information (PII). The continually growing relationship between Altada and Enterprise Ireland supports Altada’s production of new solutions for arising issues in data protection and consumer privacy with innovative technologies in the US and on a global scale.